Monday 28 June 2010

Assisting my mentor

OK...so there's comes a time when all you've struggled and worked for starts coming into place. I have told you before about my fav. man behind the camera, Gavin O'Neill many times. I had the pleasure of assisting him last week and have only had the time to sit down and write about it now unfortunately. When you see yourself in the same room as the person you most admire, and see him in action, words cannot explain. Gavin, not only is an amazing photographer, but is a very bubbly chilled out person! Its amazing what its like when you talk to someone that was simply born with the gift and when your talking to some arrogant photographer. This man amazed me in so many ways not even he knows. The simplicity of the way he did things, his energy and even his bright bright blue eyes left me wordless. I acted like a total ignorant/idiot around him, OBVIOUSLY, because ... well...that's what you do around people you admire so much and for so long!!! You say all the wrong things, cant open a master stand, trip on a polyboard.. but thing is: I guess he felt I was just staring at everything and was just all over the place. He inspired me even more to go on and do my thing. He showed me, once again, to use your gut as a tool!

Thank you for the millionth time, Gavin :)